Fox Fishing Setup
Thousands of carp anglers across the globe recognise Fox.
There is no doubt that they have built a massive reputation for quality fishing tackle.
Originating from Essex, Fox has entered the market in not just carp angling – but predator, match and coarse fishing too.
This post showcases and reviews a wide range of Fox tackle that make up an ideal setup, or part of a setup.
We hope you enjoy it!
Fox Horizon X5 Rods
These are Fox's greatest ever distance casting rods.
We love all the ‘X’ range of fox carp rods.
We have actually carried out an in-depth Horizon X5 review if these rods interest you.
- Ultra high modulus carbon blank featuring Multi-directional Nanofibre and Interlaminar resin
- Blank also features 1K carbon wrap
- Fast recovery to aid distance and accuracy when making the biggest of casts
- Superb playing action Reinforced carbon power joints for added strength at spigot
- Fuji K-Series Guides throughout – 50mm butt to 16mm tip
- Fuji 18mm DPS reel seat Black fittings and whippings Understated cosmetics
Horizon X5 Options
- Horizon X5 12ft 3.25lb 50mm Ringing Abbr Handle
- Horizon X5 12ft 3.25lb 50mm Ringing Duplon Handle
- Horizon X5 12ft 6in 3.5lb 50mm Ringing Abbr Handle
- Horizon X5 12ft 6in 3.5lb 50mm Ringing Duplon Handle
- Horizon X5 12ft 3.75lb 50mm Ringing Abbr Handle
- Horizon X5 12ft 3.75lb 50mm Ringing Duplon Handle
- Horizon X5 13ft 3.75lb 50mm Ringing Abbr Handle
- Horizon X5 13ft 3.75lb 50mm Ringing Duplon Handle
- Horizon X5 12ft Spod/Marker with 50mm Ringing
- Horizon X5 13ft Spod/Marker with 50mm Ringing
Fox EOS 10000 Reels
A stunning baitrunner reel idealy suited to 2.75lb or 3.00lb carp rods
- 5 stainless ball bearing
- Rotor balanced profile
- Gear ratio 5:5:1
- Great line lay aids casting
- Smooth clutch
- Free Spool Mechanism
- Weight 558g
- Line capacity 0.33mm/320m and 0.35mm/260m
Fox Horizon Duo Pod
Available in a 3 rod or 4 rod version, this robust and lightweight pod is ideal for anglers that want versatility.
- Bears little resemblance to the original Horizon Pod
- Now more like a bigger twin rail version of our Stalker Pod
- Twin rail design for extra stability
- Four leg position angles
- Allowing for rod tips to be pointing towards sky for long range fishing
- New Double Cam levers
- 2 x Karabiner mounting points to tie/weigh down the pod
- All brass thread fittings (no oxidisation)
- New rubber bumper on head moulding to protect your swinger head
- Standard leg lengths 33cm & 25cm. 3-rod and 4-rod versions available
- Carry case as standard
- A full length zip + built in storage for additional XL legs
- Carry case also has snag ear straps
- 2-Rod buzzer bars available separately
- XL Legs (to allow the Euro style tips up arrangement)
Fox Explorer Deluxe Barrow
Designed to allow anglers to fish ‘off of the barrow’ making it ideal for short-session anglers
- Main differences to standard Explorer: longer ergonomically shaped, removable handles, wider compartments and mesh pockets either side of wheel for storing essentials such as water bottle, adjustable height on front barrow rack allowing 2 x Low Level bags or 1 x Low Level and 1 x Compact Barrow Bag to be attached and supplied with a Voyager Under Barrow Bag
- Voyager Under Barrow Bag features hard base to prevent sagging, a removable shelf to allow Storage Bags to be separated and side access zips to allow the contents of the bag to be accessed without unloading the barrow
- Another feature of the Voyager Under Barrow Bag is a zipped external pocket that houses a waterproof rain cover, which is styled in the Fox Camo pattern
- Features extendable front barrow bag rack – this allows the Voyager or Camolite Compact Barrow Bags or Low Level Bags (all available separately) to sit right at the front of the barrow when using the barrow in ‘session mode’ and carrying a bedchair. However, when fishing day sessions without a bed, simply retract the front rack and turn the Barrow/Low Level Bags around so they face you. The design ensure the barrow remains balanced whether in short or long session mode
- Further features include robust, hi-tensile steel frame, quick release wheel system with pneumatic tyre and swivelling mud feet with spiked bases
- Compact design and packs down very small for fitting in smallest of car boots
- Supplied with two Universal Barrow Straps that fit to barrow via looped attachments on frame
- Compatible with both the Voyager and Camolite luggage ranges
Fox Royale Classic Bivvy
A decent two rib, pram-hood design that features a porch for extra protection from the elements. Top notch!
- Fox tent for carp fishing for 2 people.
- Includes ground pegs, transport bag, mosquito net.
- Dimensions: 290 x 310 cm and 165 cm high.
- Weight: 13.6 kg.
- Materials: Tent – Outer material, groundsheet, mosquito net and carry bag made from 100% polyester. Window made of 100% polychloride.
Fox STR Floatation Weigh Sling
Based on original STR Weigh Sling design, which has proven to be one of the most popular in Europe.
- Features unique Fox Camo pattern
- Measures 124cm long by 39cm wide with a drop of 75cm
- Built around full length floats which support a lightweight fish friendly mesh
- Top mesh panel allows you to view fish at all times
- Full length double zips secured by a dog clip to ensure security
- Sculpted to house and fully support fish centrally during weighing
- Zip baffles to fully protect fish
- Double grab handles each end for safe lifting and carrying
- Reinforced stitching on all pressure points
- 3m heavy duty sack cord supplied in an external pocket
- Supplied in nylon sleeve stink bag
- Mesh venting allows rapid water drainage for quick accurate weighing
- Double weigh handles with centre locating loops
If this weighing sling isn’t for you, fear not!
We’ve handpicked a selection of weigh slings which you can find here.
Fox Warrior XL Carp Chair
We like how this is an oversized fishing chair, which gives you extra comfort around your lower body.
- Natural green colour
- Comfortable arm rests
- Padded cover
- Easy to fold
- Adjustable legs
- Perfect for long & short sessions alike
- Weight: 5.7kg
Fox Flatliner MK2 Bedchair + Sleeping Bag System
A fantastic sleep system that will leave anglers feeling fresh from a comfortable nights sleep.
- Twist-Lok leg adjustment
- Mud feet with pegging holes
- Heavy duty dual crash zips
- Width: 87cm
- Length: 214cm
- Min height 40cm
- Max height 50cm
- Weight 13.3kg
- Width: 80cm
- Length: 200cm
- Min height 35cm
- Max height 45cm
- Weight 12.6kg
Fox Camolite Rod Holdall
Sculpted to accommodate big pit reels and 50mm butt rings, this is everything a carp holdall should be!
- Based on same award-winning design from Fox FX luggage range
- Takes five made-up rods in total
- Three in one direction and two in the other
- Sculpted to accommodate big pit reels and 50mm butt rings
- Padded internal dividers
- External storage pockets for leads and rig bits
- Reinforced base
- 10mm heavy duty double zips
- Stiffened EVA grab handles
- Reversible, padded shoulder strap
- 100% treated 500 denier polyester material
- Styled in unique Fox Camo pattern
We've handpicked the best carp kettles - because a decent …
We've selected the best bivvies under £200 including the JRC …
An outstanding carp (or coarse fishing) chair that's incredibly comfortable …
Looking for the best carp bobbins to replace yor existing …